Peanut Butter Kale
Last week, I "tweeted" about what is currently one of my favorite meals. Some were intrigued. Some were grossed out. The skepticism is understandable - the ingredients include kale, peanut butter, and garlic. As I suggested last week (and a few agreed), I may be demented, but it's worth a try. Unless, of course, you're allergic to peanuts. It's not that good!
(Don't be scared!)
▪ 1tbs oil of choice (I use canola)
▪ 2 cloves garlic (chopped)
▪ 1/3 yellow onion (chopped)
▪ 1 bunch kale (~4c chopped)
▪ 2tbs peanut butter
▪ 2tbs Bragg's Liquid Amino Acids (or soy sauce)
▪ 1/4c vegetable broth
▪ 1/2 tsp ground coriander
▪ 1/4 tsp chili powder
▪ 1/4 tsp ground cumin
1. Saute onion and garlic in oil, until translucent.
2. Lower heat, add kale, and cook until leaves darken and wilt.
3. Mix peanut butter, Bragg's AA, broth, and spices until well incorporated.
4. Add sauce to pan, and mix with kale, onion, and garlic.
5. Plate it!
This can be served as a side dish or, if you're twisted like me, right on top of your egg whites. Enjoy! (And let me know what you think. Really!)
You need to be logged in in order to leave a comment.